The Yamaha CLP-645 is part of a new 600 series of Clavinovas that update the 500 series in significant ways. One of the first things you’ll notice is the feel of the keys – new Synthetic Ebony keytops provide a terrific grip for the black keys, complementing the synthetic ivory keys and making the CLP-645 feel like a premium acoustic piano. In addition to the upgraded keytops, the CLP-645 features NWX (Natural Wood X) action, providing escapement action that makes pressing the keys feel like you are playing on a grand piano.
The streamlined navigation panel makes it much easier to get to your favorite functions quickly, and adds two dedicated buttons for Yamaha’s CFX concert piano and the Bösendorfer Imperial Grand piano samples. The Yamaha CFX sounds were recorded with Binaural CFX sampling, providing a remarkable 3-dimensional perspective when listening to the Clavinova through headphones.
One of the best new features is the addition of Bluetooth audio, enabling you to stream audio from any Bluetooth-enabled audio source (like a smartphone or tablet) wirelessly through the 100W Bi-amp per side speaker system of the CLP-645. This is a great way to learn to play your favorite songs or to have backing tracks accompany your performance!
Other terrific features of the Yamaha CLP-645 include:
- USB audio recording and playback captures or plays back performances on a USB drive.
- Drum Rhythms which make practicing fun as a practical alternative to a metronome (which is also provided), and can also be great to perform with.
- An on-board, 16-track recorder allows you to create your own songs using multiple sounds for simultaneous playback.
- The USB TO HOST port allows players to connect to and interact with a wide variety of educational, creative and entertaining musical applications on a computer or mobile device.
- In addition to Bluetooth audio, the 1/8″ AUX input takes wired output from a portable music player, iOS device, mixer or computer and uses the instrument’s speakers to play back the audio.