Every Yamaha Digital Piano from Cunningham Piano includes:
- Free Shipping*
- No Sales Tax collected outside of PA and NJ
- Free 5 year Yamaha factory warranty
- Free 5 year Full Trade-in Allowance
- Free matching bench
- Free customer support from Yamaha’s Dealer of the Year
- 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
Financing Options Available!
*free shipping available for addresses in the contiguous USA
Yamaha’s Flagship Clavinova
The Yamaha CLP-685 is the flagship Clavinova digital piano in the 600 series. When you first put your fingers on the keys, you’ll immediately feel the quality and grip of the synthetic ivory white keys and the new synthetic ebony black keys. Each key features the longest keys of any digital piano to date and individual counterweights as part of Yamaha’s GrandTouch keyboard action, mimicking the feel and responsiveness of a concert grand piano. The streamlined navigation panel makes it easy to select the Yamaha CFX concert grand or Bösendorfer Imperial Grand sample sounds, and the 300 watt speakers provide incredible power and richness of tone due to their construction out of the same spruce material used to make acoustic piano soundboards.
World Class Sound
With two world-renowned concert grand pianos available at the touch of a button, the CLP Series lets you choose the perfect piano tone for the music you want to play. Offering far more than just sampled sounds, the CLP-600 Series reproduces the Yamaha CFX concert grand and the legendary Bӧsendorfer Imperial in meticulous detail.
A Legacy of Concert Grand Craftsmanship
Grand Piano keyboards are characterized by a light feel when played gently, and a heavier feel when played with more strength. Conversely, a non-grand piano keyboard has a uniform resistance regardless of whether the player uses a gentle or heavy touch. This has traditionally been one of the most significant differences between the touch of a grand piano and that of a digital piano. However, when developing GrandTouch keyboard action, Yamaha sought to reproduce the true key resistance that is unique to the grand piano, with greater fidelity. The result is an instrument with a more responsive touch, offering a greater dynamic range than ever before. Now you can experience a much more controlled, nuanced sound when playing softly, or powerful, brighter tones when playing with a stronger touch — just like that of a grand piano.
The Feel of a Longer Fulcrum
When playing a digital piano, the back area of the keys may prove to be a challenge to full musical expression. This is because the back of the key is closest to the fulcrum of the action. The closer to this pivot point that you strike the key, the less leverage you have and the more strength you need to apply. The greater length of GrandTouch keys give the player MORE leverage, allowing for better expressive control, even at the backs of the keys. This is the same support length found on the Yamaha S3X premium grand piano (as of April 2017), and is the longest support length used on any digital piano.
88-key Linear Graded Hammers
The Yamaha CLP-685 is the first digital piano keyboard ever to feature realistic weighting on every key. Every single key on a grand piano keyboard is weighted differently. This is because the strings for each note are slightly thinner and shorter in the treble register, becoming thicker and longer towards the bass register. The 88-key Linear Graded Hammers of the Clavinova is the first-of-its-kind to faithfully duplicate this graded touch with differing weights and key return on each one of its keys. This results in a feel and response that is astonishingly like that of a grand piano, and allows players to gain an appreciation of a more authentic touch.
Authentic Grand Piano Pedal Feel
Using the damper pedal subtly alters the nature of a piano’s sound and is essential to providing the pianist with all the necessary expressive tools to convey their musical vision.
Clavinova digital pianos feature a damper pedal that continually detects depression depth and allows half-pedaling, which lets players make minute adjustments to pedal depression and return, changing the depth and character of their piano sound.
High-end models feature the GP Response Damper Pedal, which offers a grand piano-style resistance curve, starting out light to the touch and growing heavier as the pedal is depressed further. This allows players to become accustomed to the nuances of delicate pedaling.
The streamlined interface with Dot LCD screen makes it easier than ever to quickly access the 36 high-quality instrument voices and instrument options. Rhythmic patterns make it more fun to stay with the beat as a musical alternative to the standard metronome. And for silent practicing with headphones, the binaurally sampled sounds of Yamaha flagship CFX concert piano make it sound like you’re listening to your piano in 3D space – you need to experience this in person!
The CLP-635 also features a built-in 16-track 250-song recorder and the ability to split the keyboard for layered sounds.
- GrandTouch Keyboard action reproduces the touch, feel, and dynamic range of a concert grand
- Synthetic ebony and ivory keytops (previous models had synthetic ivory and matte black keytops) for authentic piano feel
- 49 Voices, 14 drum/SFX kits, and 480 XG Voices (expanded from 49 voices and 12 drum/SFX kits) make crafting beautiful-sounding arrangements easy
- Binaural Yamaha CFX sample that sounds stunning through headphones
- Improved VRM vibrates and reverberates like a real acoustic piano
- Bluetooth audio lets you listen and play along with your favorite songs
- Spruce cone speaker system with 300W amplification (upgraded from 180W with no spruce cone) for a more natural, piano-like attack
- Key counterweights for smooth playing, even at the back of a key and at pianissimo levels
- 88-key Linear Graded Hammer action provides each key with a unique weight
- GP Response Damper Pedal gives you convincing concert grand pedal action
- 303 lesson songs from popular piano methods
- 20 rhythms are your personal percussionist
- 16-track recording and USB audio recording let you share your music
- Stereophonic Optimizer when using headphones
- 3-way speaker system for gorgeous, full-range acoustic sound
- Intelligent Acoustic Control (IAC) provides optimum tone at any volume level
- Acoustic Optimizer complements the cabinetry for a fuller tone
|Width:||1,461 mm (57-1/2″) (Polished finish: 1,467 mm (57-3/4″))|
|Height:||1,027 mm (40-7/16″) (Polished finish: 1,029 mm (40-1/2″))|
|Depth:||477 mm (18-3/4″) (Polished finish: 477 mm (18-3/4″))|
|Weight:||83.0 kg (183 lb, 0 oz) (Polished finish: 89.0 kg (196 lb, 3 oz)]|
|Number of Keys:||88|
|Type of Keys:||GrandTouch Keyboard: wooden keys (white only), synthetic ebony and ivory key tops, escapement|
|Presets:||49 Voices + 14 Drum/SFX Kits + 480 XG Voices|
Speakers and Connections
|Built-in Speakers:||(16 cm + 8 cm + 2.5 cm (dome)) x 2, Spruce Cone Speaker|
|Amplifier:||(50 W + 50 W + 50 W) x 2|
|AUX Inputs:||Stereo Mini|
|AUX Outputs:||[L/L+R] [R]|
|Headphones:||2 x 1/4″|